Originally taken from codesnipers.com
Programming is like sex because :
- One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
- Once you get started, you'll only stop because you're exhausted.
- It often takes another experienced person to really appreciate what you're doing.
- Conversely, there's some odd people who pride themselves on their lack of experience.
- You can do it for money or for fun.
- If you spend more time doing it than watching TV, people think you're some kind of freak.
- It's not really an appropriate topic for dinner conversation.
- There's not enough taught about it in public school.
- It doesn't make any sense at all if you try to explain it in strictly clinical terms.
- Some people are just naturally good.
- But some people will never realize how bad they are, and you're wasting your time trying to tell them.
- There are a few weirdos with bizarre practices nobody really is
- One little thing going wrong can ruin everything.
- It's a great way to spend a lunch break.
- Everyone acts like they're the first person to come up with a new technique.
- Everyone who's done it pokes fun at those who haven't.
- Beginners do a lot of clumsy fumbling about.
- You'll miss it if it's been a while.
- There's always someone willing to write about the only right way to do things.
- It doesn't go so well when you're drunk, but you're more likely to do it.
- Sometimes it's fun to use expensive toys.
- Other people just get in the way.